I got up in the morning as usual at around 7. Started for work at 8. Once I reached the office premises, the security guard did not allow me to get inside. Because of the language problem I had to call a staff member who knows Arabic. He then told me that my gatepass was expired and the security guard will not let me enter in unless it is renewed. I had to wait for almost 2 hours untill the whole renewal process was done.
I was better at home sleeping than starting the day this way.
I knew I would miss my daily morning status meeting and so I missed it. My manager is very cool. He would not mind what I do the whole day. But he strictly wants the status reports and timely updates in the meetings.
I was better at home doing my personal work than missing the status meeting.
Here in Saudi they have five times namaz, they call it salah. So after the mid day salah, me and my other colleagues planned to go to a Pakistani restaurant.This is one of the few restaurants where we get Vegetarian food. I ordered vegetable biryani and a side dish. Every one else had ordered non vegetarian. I almost finished my food and noticed there was a chicken piece in my vegetable biryani. I was sure I did not find that during my course of eating initially. What do I do? I Simply complained the manager and he had to relax the payment for my vegetable biyani. I was better at home eating my own cooked food with gongura chutney than experiencing chicken biryani in the name of vegetable biryani.
I finished my work and packed my bag by 6 PM. I was about to leave home. And instead of taking a taxi, i preferred taking a walk as it was pleasant outside. Right then I found one guy calling me from his Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. He was with his wife and a small child. I thought he called me to ask directions. He asked me if I know Engligh and then started begging me for money. He became emotional saying that he lost his credit card and is out of money and could not feed his small child and his lady since morning. When I gave him 20 Riyal. He requested me to give him min 100 riyals as he had to go back to Dubai. The situation was not under my control and I had to give him 100 riyal. I was better at home by then spending 10 riyals for the taxi rather than spending 100 riyals for the emotional blackmail..
After I reached home. I was not in a position to cook dinner at home. So I thought I will go out and have some proper food at an Indian restaurant. I reached half way and I was stuck in a thick sand storm. The visibility was tremendously reduced in a fraction of seconds. I was better at home eating simple dal chawal than getting stuck up in such a bad weather.
At the end of the day, I would just say it was 'Not just another day @ work'.
:) ! Good start...i was better reading your blog and enjoying myself rather then wasting my time tweeting :P .... rhythmic sentences haa...enjoyed your first blog....
ReplyDeleteThanks :) Its already midnight here and its time for me to sleep . Else tmrw mrning i have to implement this - "I will be better at home sleeping than starting the day this way"
ReplyDelete